BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, August 7, 2010

Thanks for Nothing, Tooth Fairy

The Tooth Fairy is in big trouble at my house. Last Week, Mikey lost a tooth. When he woke up the next morning, his tooth was still under his pillow. Bursting into our bedroom at the crack of dawn he cried, "The Tooth Fairy didn't come!"

I looked accusingly at hubs who grimaced and put a pillow over his head.

I told my son that the Tooth Fairy probably got lost in the city or bit by the raccoon/wolverine that has recently taken up residence behind our back fence.

"She'll come tonight," I promised.

Just to make sure, Mikey wrote the Tooth Fairy a note, specifying where to place the crisp dollar he was expected to bring.

The next morning, he came into our bedroom in disgust and a rising level of resentment.

Hubs told him that the Tooth Fairy was vacationing in Hawaii. The truth was that she spent the night watching red box DVD's and drinking wine in her room with her husband and dozed off without paying up.

While my son ate breakfast, I slipped into his room and shoved two dollars plus interest under his mattress. A few minutes later, I casually suggested that he try to look for the money again, just in case the tooth fairy was done lying on the beach with the Easter bunny.

My child was not at all surprised to find the bills in an odd place.

"I don't think that Tooth Fairy is very smart," he announced as he counted her bills.

I would have to say that I agree.

*****
Anyone else have a child who the Tooth Fairy forgot?

Please? Anyone?

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are hysterical. I look forward to your blogs everyday because you make me laugh!